Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes





Since I had leftover food flavouring/colouring from the rainbow cake attempt, I decided to make red velvet cupcakes. Cupcakes instead of cake because I have cupcake holders that make cleaning up so much easier to do.




Never thought the day would come when I add red dye to baked goods. But, here goes.




Using a new vinigar assisted recipe, the cupcakes ballooned in the oven. I transferred them to the freezer to cool quickly before piping on cream cheese frosting. Absolutely scrumptious.




Now, for my favourite part: Decorating! I just grabbed everything the Baking Shop carried: candy confetti, red heart biscuits, gold & silver sugar pearls.




The finished product: Red Velvet Cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.