Monday, September 27, 2010

Ravioli from scratch





Eggs and flour to make dough. Basic and oh so simple right? Italians only put in yolks that makes the dough softer. Hhmm..it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. For me, it's about the type of flour and the mix.




After mixing, the flour is divided into portions to be run through the pasta maker. I always struggle with the manual crank. This is why people buy ready-made pasta.




Preparing the ravioli stuffing is easy. I chose a mushroom mixture as I had the ingredients on hand. Mixed with lots of parmesan cheese.




Good enough to be eaten on it's own. Now to make ravioli.




2 pieces of dough and stuffing in between. This ravioli attachment is a dream. I have tried making ravioli by hand before and it wasn't so pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.