Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mellben Restaurant



I heard many good things about this Zhi Char place from my colleagues so when my taxi did a detour and passed by this Toa Payoh branch, I knew I had to drop in for lunch one day.


Delicious milky, spicy, crabiliciousness in just the soup alone. Hot noodle soup tastes especially nice on rainy days. I also ordered the stout ribs as recommended by the waitress, but could really do without as the crab beehoon soup portion is too big for just 1 person. Lunch was fantastic! I fell asleep immediately after I got home.


This place opens at 1:30pm. I was there at 2pm in time to catch the seafood wholesaler bring in the stock and even had to wait a while for the staff to setup a table for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.