Sunday, January 9, 2011

Grapefruit Sugar Scrub



Sometimes, I make my own bath products to ensure it contains only the best ingredients for my skin. Sourcing for organic produce ensures the ingredients contain at least 30% more vitamins and minerals than ordinary produce. It's also preservative free. Just make sure it's used within 18 months or keep it in the fridge.




Today, I am making a sugar scrub. Coarse, unrefined cane sugar is full of alpha hydroxy acids that acts as a natural skin peel, especially beneficial for aged skin.




Then, I add in an entire bottle of glycerol and fresh aloe vera gel.




Succulent leaves of the Aloe Vera plant can be purchased from the market. I am cutting 2 leaves today to process and keep as raw material for my bath products. When cutting, be careful not to agitate the sap underneath the skin. In any case, the sap can just be washed away before extracting the aloe vera gel.




Powdered flowers or hydrogenated fruits to add colour naturally. These are hard to source for, so use food colour if all else fails.




This is my personal blend of Grapefruit, Chamomile and Eucalyptus essential oils. Meant to lift your mood, calm the nerves, invigorate the body by removing fatigue and muscular aches then to boost the immune system. Generous amounts of essential oils are added to ensure it delivers everything it's meant to.




Lastly, add in a carrier oil. I like to use grapeseed oil due to it's light fragrance that doesn't interfere with the scent of essential oils. Grapeseed oil also contains vitamin E and is beneficial for the body when absorbed through the skin. 



The final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.