Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Swiss Cafe

I finally made a trip down to Swiss Cafe, after winning a voucher in a Company organized contest. The voucher didn't make a difference as it costs as much as the promotional set. Its Swiss food (Surprise surprise!) and I work in a Swiss bank (get it?).

I had the garden snails which was baked in herbs and garlic and came with warm slices of garlic bread which was good for mopping up the sauce. The garden snails were so fresh that you can taste the grass quite literally. I had the Veal Ticino for mains and it really gave me a feel of what good old Swiss home cooking cuisine is about. I can imagine burly Swiss guys having this as a hearty supper in winter. The veal was rolled up and stuffed with what tasted like candlenut & spices, surrounded by risotto in melted cheese and a side of greens (baby carrots and asparagus) tossed in butter. The menu lists all the recommended wines to match each main course, so it takes the guessing out of ordering. I ended with a toblerone cheesecake which was a bit of a disappointment. The fresh strawberry conserve that it came with was more interesting.

I had a great table. It was just behind one of the draperies, so it was shielded from the main entrance and yet with a good view of the TV and a fast exit out of the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.