Saturday, November 12, 2011

Forlino



My birthday dinner at Forlino with mummy. It's a long walk in but worth it, this place has been voted best restaurant several times by magazines and food guides. 



Choux pastry with parmesan mousse. Crispy on the outside, soft and creamy inside. Served with homemade foccacia bread.

 
 
Reservations only I think, I tried walking in twice before and was told the restaurant was full. For my birthday, I made reservations 2 weeks in advance and even pre-ordered the degustation menu.
 
 


I like the black cod pasta with cod mousse inside cappelletti in spicy broccoli puree. It's not everyday food.



But, my mom and I loved the Boston lobster in eggplant. The sweet natural flavours of the lobster came through and it was perfectly cooked.



Wagyu beef cheek on polenta base with chocolate sauce. Tender and full-bodied flavour.



The staff prepared a birthday cake for me then cut it up to serve with the warm chocolate cake dessert. Amazingly good, it's all chocolate but the contrast in textures really made a difference. Cold smooth chocolate gelee/fudge cake with biscuity warm chocolate cake.



Good strong Italian coffee and fried dough biscuits that are dusted in icing sugar, so traditional and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.