Monday, February 15, 2010

My Side Table


I use a safe as a side table. In a city where space is a premium, it's both practical and functional, granted a little more expensive than a regular table. The trick is ordering one that is the appropriate height. Once you throw a tablecloth over it, noone will suspect otherwise. It may seem a little paranoid but anything smaller than 50cm can just be carted away by thieves, so why bother. If you want to get a safe, get a bigger one. Historically, we've always had safes as my grandpa's business used them quite frequently. I don't really have any valuables for thieves to steal so it's more for precautionary purposes than anything. In case, I receive something valuable, I have a place to put it.


I used another 2 metres of french tulle to make a new tablecloth, in time for the new year. It was meant to resemble a tutu. But, kept bunching and my needles kept breaking so I eventually settled for layers of white tulle in between the raw pink silk and french tulle. I managed to acheive a dreamy end result albeit without the pouf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.