Friday, June 5, 2020

Same Places, New Foods





My free reusable face mask that I collected using my NRIC. This color matches a dress I currently have. Usually we use the disposable face masks that everyone else uses as well.


At Jumbo Seafood again with family, this time around someone else did the ordering and the dishes are slightly different. The chili crab dish had dungeness crab instead of mud crab, its a lot bigger with more meat on the crab legs.


Yam rings around the scallops and fishcake rolls made from seafood.


Chinese Spinach braised with conpoy and century egg, you can drink the sauce like soup. I'm surprised I didn't order this before. We actually finished our meal with melon ice cream from Culina across the road, $7.50 a scoop!


Thai food from Thai Express, there is pork rice that tastes similar to soya sauce chicken rice. From the picture with pickles & eggs, I thought it would be more like Taiwan style braised minced pork rice, but its not. The Som Tum has preserved duck eggs mixed in, really salty & rich, balances out this sour vinigar-ish salad.


Vegetarian Food that is always not what you expect and I like to be surprised by the other dishes like this sweet & sour pork - looking one that is actually a dessert with berries & honey. The usual beehoon with mock meats is still the best and tastes delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.