Friday, September 21, 2018

Mid Autumn Festival 2018



Traditional Hong Kong cafe food for lunch, have forgotten how delicious chicken stock + msg is, even though its just maggi mee and spam.


Cola cocktails and a warm crumbly polo bun with spiced pork chop within. I think I had something similar in Macau at a well known Cha Chaan Teng before. Now its available at Tai Lei Loi Kei Vivocity.


Picked up some things at the supermarket for the coming mid-autumn festival. I was planning on getting traditional style mooncakes and found these prettily packaged Oreo mooncakes instead, 6 pieces for $29.90. It comes with a matching gift bag and instructions on how to make a gift card.


I want to gift this to someone but I don't know who. I prefer snow skin mooncakes to the baked version and these mochi-custardy flavours are all there. It's chocolate Oreo fillings inside and tastes really different from all the other Oreo treats out there.


Not forgetting tea, I bought gifts sets from Twinings and Nescafe Gold that came with transparent  drinking tumblers. Its 3 tea bags to 1 tumbler.


I am planning to get my next box from Chateraise Patisserie $29.90 for 4 pieces. It's snowskin, I like the variations coz its kinda like mochi. Even Ya Kun has mooncakes for sale this year $52.80 for 8 pieces.



Trying out the Starbucks baked mooncakes, runny eggyolks are a popular recipe from Hongkong now available in Singapore. Its really better than regular mooncakes but the price is a little higher, 6 small sized mooncakes for $49.90.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.