Friday, September 1, 2017

Apricots...


I bought too much apricot jam and have been asked to use it up as there is no way I can finish eating all of it at breakfasts. So I checked the recipe books and my own memory for recipes, all I came up with is coronation chicken and I do not have spices for that.


So I made Sangria, Grilled Cheese sandwiches for lunch and baked Chicken with Salad for dinner, all using apricots.


The sangria used fruit emulsion as a base, you can add in chopped fruits if you want but I didn't. It's 3 whole apricots for emulsion and 3 whole apricots chopped up. 2 tablespoons lemon juice so the fruit doesn't go bad. 2 bottles of white wine and 2 cups of rose or elder flower liquor, I used cordial as there is enough liquor in the wine. Lastly, pour in 1 bottle of sparkling water for fizz.


This is a very popular grilled cheese sandwich combination - brie, apricots and bacon. You can drizzle on balsamic reduction that everyone is talking about, alternatively use Kecap Manis. I don't know if its the same thing but it sounds about there. It's just something sweet and sticky.


Baked apricot chicken that is similar to coronation chicken except without the spices and mayonnaise. Marinate the chicken in S&P as well as chili powder, then grill in a pan for a few minutes. Remove chicken and add in 1 cup of apricot, 1 cup of milk, 1 spoon of butter, chopped onions and fry until the onions are browned. Place chicken and gravy into the oven to bake for a few more minutes and its done.


This salad is made from what I had in the fridge, carrots and tomatoes. Make the dressing with olive oil, S&P, lemon juice, mustard and apricot preserves. If you have flavored salt around, you can use that instead and leave out the mustard.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.