Friday, June 16, 2017

Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar 2017


This famous bazaar comes round once a year and ends on Hari Raya eve. It says Geylang but its not in Geylang, so where is it. Most people can't find it and I found out its exact location by chance. I exited Paya Lebar Circle Line thinking I would find Paya Lebar Square, instead I found a bunch of construction sites and further down there are these tents setup along the road.



The first few white tents are not related to the bazaar although the stuff sold there is similar. Even further down the road it's the huge mass of tents, caravans, stage and dustbins that make up Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar. 


Halal food stalls are not open until after 6pm, so what you get are mostly chinese or indian store owners selling the usual pasar malam food as well as the newer rainbow/unicorn stuff.


I managed to get a blue ramly burger, extra $1 for coloured bun. And a unicorn Starlite bubblegum milkshake, I am soo not a kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.