Friday, April 22, 2022

DIY Seafood Platter


Ordered more seafood and gonna try to make my own seafood platter. Ordering a raw seafood platter from Greenwood Fish Market would cost $110 + $10 delivery. That's just slightly more than what I paid the seafood supplier and I have to put the condiments together myself.

This cooked seafood platter is much cheaper at just $90. It came wrapped in a bow with a "thank you for ordering with us" card. Grilled fish, grilled prawns, deep-fried soft shell crabs, oysters rockerfella, scallops mentaiyaki sitting on a bed of salad.

There are mussels in lemon sauce, clams in marinara sauce, buttered toast, 3 types of sauces to drizzle on the seafood. Everything was delicious, especially the grilled fish. You can even eat up the salad leaves after.

Making my own seafood platter with a can of jumbo lump crab cake and a few dozen fresh oysters that need to be shucked. I used a butter knife that is not sharp so I don't cut myself while shucking oysters. There is a packet of prawn rice rolls that I am gonna save for another time.



As much as I like eating raw seafood, I can't really eat much of it in one sitting. I am using up lots of fresh coriander and chives for the sauces, gonna make crab salad rolls and oyster omelette for dinner tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.