Friday, September 18, 2020

Mooncakes for Mid-Autumn Festival

I know mid-autumn festival is on 1st October (just 2 more weeks away), the earliest order date for mooncakes is on 1st September (just 2 weeks ago). After checking out all of this years offerings, I went with Peony Jade a classic favorite of mine (teochew orh neh flaky crust mooncakes, no walnut mooncake bites this year) and Marmalade Pantry that comes in a bag with bamboo handles coz it looks like the 2018 KL Hilton brocade mooncake bags.



Peony Jade has the famous Orh Neh mooncakes in 4 different flavors this year. The newest addition is sweetpea with white lotus mixed with orh neh. No discounts here at all but there is free delivery for orders above $300 by OddleMe and they gave me a free porcelain tea set.

 I also ordered a box of miniature snowskin assorted mooncakes including some liquor filled ones.

Marmalade Pantry is famous for its desserts, if you don't like mooncakes you should get some of their cupcakes that cost almost $10 each! 

I bought the limited edition bag of mooncakes in assorted flavors.

Including a miniature bottle of sake and a tin of gold tea. Delivery also by OddleMe, my second free porcelain tea set. 

I also ordered truffle burger with fries, no drinks coz I think the sake and tea leaves suffice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.