Friday, March 20, 2020

Homemade Pen Cai (Bowl of Prosperity)



My mom usually makes this dish but this time around I decided to try it out on my own.


Meat : Pork, Scallops, Abalone
Vegetables : Mushroom, Bamboo Shoots, Daikon, Winter Melon, Preserved Lettuce, Broccoli
Soup : 3 types of Chinese Herbs, Chicken stock, Oyster Sauce, Hua Tiao


A lot of prep work goes in before cooking this dish, soaking/chopping/peeling. I bought only one of each type of gourd to put in, as it turns out its enough for 2 pots of pencai.


The pork belly was pre-sliced, making my life easier. Each item has to be cooked individually then assembled into a cooking pot to be simmered on low heat for an hour. Served hot with rice. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.