Friday, February 8, 2019

我的聚宝盆



This is my fengshui Ju Bao Peng or Wealth Bowl. The trend before was different gemstone chip beads and now its crystal pebbles of the same colour. I thought about buying the marble ones on SGmall auctions but someone left this one lacquered coconut bowl at my place. Coconut husks like this are really popular in these yoga years and used to hold food, like the pic below.


I placed all my zoisites in one bowl. There is the gemstone Tanzanite, set into a pair of butterfly white gold earrings from Goldheart. Anyolite, also known as Ruby in Zoisite, faceted beads bracelet. Thulite, opaque pink cabochons that look like tumbled pebbles. Clinozoisite, gemstone beads in faceted leaf shapes.


These are pretty close to smoky quartz, one of my favorite gemstones. Only smoky quartz has an orange glow from within and clinozoisite has a greenish-yellow glow from within.


Thulites just look like coloured pebbles, closer to marble I would think. I started with these pretty pink pebbles when I put together my wealth bowl.


Very proud that I managed to find an unusual variety that I now know as Anyolite. It looks like watermelon and is often used to make objects d'art or home decor items. 


Tanzanite is really popular now, its natural purplish-blue colour is unique. The darker variety of gemstone Tanzanite actually resembles blue Sapphires. It's regular retail pricing is 12.5% to 25% of the price of blue sapphires, making it a real steal of a deal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.