Sunday, August 14, 2011

Handmade Rosaries



Growing up in a catholic school, I do own a collection of rosaries. Most are given by friends and family. Only 1 rosary was purchased by myself and it is a solid 24kt gold version that I chanced upon in a goldsmith shop. Back in school, exchanging handmade rosary bracelets were as common as friendship bands. It was very popular in an all girl's school where the only permitted form of jewellery is religious in nature (e.g. necklace charms, rosary rings, rosary bracelets).


An unexpected gift from a supplier - a strand of shiny lavendar seed pearls. Started me on this mini project to create a rosary. Of course, I also made a rosary bracelet from citrine gemstones as well, since I was in the zone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.