Friday, July 13, 2018

Souvenirs from Japan



My family went on a vacation to Japan without me, but they did return with lots of souvenirs and Jap food products. Cannot go without these seasonal Kit Kat/Collon/Pokki flavors. The seasonal Kit Kat is great with a scoop of matcha/red bean ice cream, it's like a really good dessert in a Jap restaurant.


Japan's famous plums, comes dried/sheets/whole. These are not for eating on its own, you have to chop it up and serve with rice.


Traditional hard boiled sweets and also Japanese bar snacks. I love traditional Japanese packaging and I remember it being really famous for just that - great packaging.


Genmaicha or rice mix tea that sometimes people mistake for togarashi but its actually tea mix. I think the trendy thunder tea rice is actually based on this, you place the tea mix on top of rice like toppings and add hot water.


I received some cute accessories like this pink crystal hair clip that goes with the baby pink Lanvin pouch from Isetan, as well as a blue crystal necklace and a red hair tie.


I did have a great lunch at Kotobuki with its 3D chirashi bowls. This one here is torched mentaiko roe and salmon sashimi $26.


Yuzu juice with a cute little spear stirrer. I like these really authentic Jap places, once in a while you will find one hidden in some corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.