Friday, June 15, 2018

Day Out @ S.E.A. Aquarium



Won this $100 RWS voucher from Walls Ice Cream, double treats! It's easy to get to RWS via public transport, just take the train to Harbourfront where Vivocity s.c. is located and take the Skytrain on the 3rd floor into Sentosa.



Sentosa ticketing counters outside the Skytrain station, where the Fun Pass and Islander Membership applications are at. There is also a Sentosa souvenir shop just next to the Skytrain as well.




But I couldn't use the RWS vouchers here, I can only use the vouchers at the ticketing counter directly outside S.E.A. Aquarium. Its $39 per person, no citizen discounts (available online) or bundle promotions (Mastercard).





S.E.A. Aquarium is located in the same building as Maritime Museum and Adventure Cove Waterpark, just outside the entrance is Royal Albatross where you can pay for a guided tour on deck or join in the dinner cruise.




Inside, its almost similar to the recently closed Underwater World.







The animals are more unusual and scary, at least to me.





Fresh seafood? The big edibles of lobsters, crabs and stingray made me hungry.





 The snack stations don't sell seafood, just sandwiches and corn-dogs.




At the end of the long walkway is this massive auditorium where everyone just parks themselves in front of the giant water tank. There is food, souvenirs and a mascot hanging around to take pictures with kids.





There is also Cat Cora Restaurant. Advanced reservations are required and the set lunch/dinner is fixed.



I like that its all seafood and the interiors are ocean themed.







I got a non-alcoholic mint mojito and milk tea. This restaurant is kinda small with I think 15 tables, it was packed from the time I arrived to the time I left.



At the exit I saw these pure black and pure white fishes, that's pretty unusual. I have never seen a pure white fish before.


More photo souvenirs at the exit.


Press-a-penny machines all around RWS.



On my way back, stopped at Vivocity for some window shopping and more raw fish!



Traditional Chinese Motifs have experienced a resurgence and when I saw Goldheart's BaoBei collection I wanted to cry, absolutely need to have at least one, maybe in the colourful friendship band instead of red. $150 to $950, there is only 1 necklace in the collection and its $550.


SK Jewellery is giving away a traditional Chinese wedding outfit with purchase of Si Dian Jin. Perfect for photo ops and traditional tea ceremony coz otherwise I wouldn't know where to get one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.