Friday, July 19, 2013

Double Knit Ombre Scarf



This scarf is mine, using the gorgeous ombre colour called Pinky from Cleckheaton's California series of 100% fine wool yarn. I used 4 skeins that cost $60. Multicolour yarns like these are usually self-striping so you don't have to alternate colour strands to get that striped effect.


Holding 2 strands as one, just a simple double knit to showcase the colours. Since I am making this wider, I also need to make it longer in length to go over the head.


 Sew the ends together and now I finally have my own circle scarf. 


I usually wrap my finished knits with the yarn labels that contain cleaning instructions and inform the recipient what its made from. Also makes the final item look more complete and new.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will take some time to appear. Please be patient.